Saturday, February 21, 2009

How to steal your own bike

I left my bike at one of my friends’ about a month ago and I went to pick it up on Sunday night. My friend however, had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. It took me a good few minutes and a lot of persuasion before I got him to reluctantly agree that my bike was behind his house. His memory was slowly coming back to him, so we went outside to prove my point. But, guess what? There was no bike. For a second he thought this was one of my silly jokes again, but by now he was getting more and more flashbacks. Or maybe “flashbikes”.
Suddenly he remembered how a mysterious bicycle appeared behind their house and after “careful consideration”, him and his house mates decided to put the “troublemaking bike” in their neighbour’s garden. We had a quick glance over the fence, and my bike was there. I told them I could go and explain the situation to their neighbour, but since they’ve dumped the new bike in his backyard without his knowledge, they’ve decided it would be better if we… stole it! And that’s what we did. In that dark drizzly night, three silhouettes quietly sneaked in the neighbour’s garden and nicked the bike. My own bike.
That reminded me that about a year ago, my bike was stolen for real. The police didn’t do anything, but wrote me a nice letter offering counselling and support should I need it. Hopefully my friend’s neighbour didn’t become too fond of his new, out of nowhere pink bike, or he’ll be needing many counselling sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment