Friday, July 03, 2009

Things to Worry About

This week, UK raised its heat-wave warning level to amber (the second highest), for the first time since 2006 when UK had the warmest summer in the last 300 years or so.

Meanwhile, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a global swine flu pandemic, which is Phase 6/6 – Red (Widespread human infection). First pandemic in 41 years!

And of course, the cherry on the cake is the current terrorist threat level which is set at Severe (second highest again), meaning that an attack is highly likely.

Now, I wonder whether I should worry more about the above bleak prospects or about the two new wrinkles I’ve just noticed this morning while shaving. Or maybe I shouldn’t worry about any of these and just “get on with life and make the most if it”, as my good wise friends always tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment