Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Odd things on a train


I'm on a train going back to Oxford from Lancaster. On the way up here, a few rather strange things happened, things you only notice if you haven't travelled by train in a while:
- the train manager said rather proudly that "we have begun our descent" towards a certain station. "Sorry, what I actually meant was approach".
- the lady checking the tickets, looked at me for a few seconds and then said I "look like that guy from 'the twilight zone' ". I wonder if that's a good thing?
- the same train manager reminded the customers leaving the train at station X to take all their belongings with them, including their kids. Thanks for reminding me!
- one lady took her dog for a walk up and down the train.
- I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment